Customer Service Charter
( 241.95 KB )
( 608.45 KB )
( 276.67 KB )
Customer Service Charter Policy
Why do we need a Customer Service Charter Policy
The Break O’Day Council Customer Service Charter Policy sets out Council’s service standards and explains what you, as the customer, can do if we have not delivered service to a suitable standard.
The Break O’Day Council Customer Service Charter has been developed to further build and enhance relationships and partnerships with our community and customers, and to provide a system for continuous improvement to our level of customer service.
Who are our Customers?
Customers are any person or organisation that has dealings with Council. This includes residents, ratepayers, business operators, Council staff, contractors, elected members and visitors to the municipality.
What do we ask of you?
- To treat our staff with courtesy and mutual respect.
- Respect the rights of other customers.
- To be honest, open and transparent in your dealings with Council, providing accurate and complete information.
- Respect the community in which we live.
- To work with Council to solve problems.
What can you expect from Break O’Day Council.
- Council will respect you as a customer.
- Council will provide consistently professional and high quality service.
- Council will listen and respond to your concerns within service standards.
- Council will answer and return telephone calls promptly.
- Council will respect your privacy.
- Council will accept responsibility and be accountable for actions/information/service provided.
- Council will exercise integrity in our dealings with you.
- Council will work with you to solve problems, and refer you to an appropriate service provider if unable to meet your request.
Council’s Customer Service Charter Policy is available by clicking on the link under Resources on this page. You will also find other related documents here that outline Council’s Decision Review Procedure and a printable brochure giving a brief overview of the charter.