The Break O’Day Council is committed and focused on;
· Increasing the region’s population
· Diversifying the industry base;
· Developing the tourism market; and
· Increasing the number of local jobs.
To achieve this Council’s Economic Development Strategy’s key objectives and actions are focused on;
· Growing the region; ,through encouraging sustainable growth in its area.
· Generating ongoing sustainable jobs through growing the economy, building on existing industries and encouraging new activities.
· Building skills and a productive workforce.
· Improving liveability of the towns and villages through recognising the importance of place and improving infrastructure and connectivity.