Works and Services
November December Works:
- A new blackwater dump point has been installed at the St Helens Rec. Ground RV area to meet increased demand.
- We have a new rubbish truck servicing town litter bins.
- Crews will be focusing on town maintenance in the lead up to Christmas
- Grading crews will be commencing maintenance on North Ansons Bay Road in the first week of December and will work their way back to St Helens incorporating Ansons Bay Road.
- The Frank Street intersection in Falmouth will be resealed in December.
- A new section of Beaumaris Avenue leading to the playground will be sealed in December.
- The road resealing program is scheduled to commence in the first week of December.
- Akaroa Avenue Akaroa
- Cannell Pl Akaroa
- Maori Pl Akaroa
- Aerodrome Rd Stieglitz
- Acacia Drive Ansons Bay
- Melaleuca St Ansons Bay
- Freshwater Crt Beaumaris
- Seaview Ave (turning circle only) Beaumaris
- Reserve St Binalong Bay
- Coffey Crt Binalong Bay
- Main Rd Binalong Bay
- King St Binalong Bay
- St Columba Falls Rd Pyengana
- Lottah Rd Pyengana
- Hodgman St Scamander
- Waste Transfer Station entrance (off Coach Rd) Scamander
- Reids Rd St Helens
- Medeas Cove Esp St Helens
- Heather Pl St Helens
- Circassian St St Helens
- Quail St parking St Helens
- Susan Crt (turning circle only) St Helens
- Douglas Crt (turning circle only) St Helens
- Talbot St (northern side) Fingal
- Talbot St (southern side) Fingal
- Talbot St footpath (Champ St – east) Fingal
- Talbot St footpath (Post Office – west) Fingal
Flat Bridge, St Marys
As part of the St Marys Flood Mitigation Project, Council contractors, Bridge Pro, will be raising the height of The Flat Bridge, St Marys by one metre including culverts and road ramps.
The St Marys Flood Risk Management project found this will reduce flooding of Main Street significantly.
This work is scheduled to start on 4 December and take two to three weeks. The aim is to have the work completed by Christmas.
During this time the road will be closed with access still available via Franks Street. Please obey roadworks signage, stay clear and drive with care to keep workers and the public safe.
Below is a list of handy links for other service providers in our area:
TasWater: 13 6992
Aurora: 13 2004
SES: 132 500 (for damage to property during an emergency event like flood or fire)
Community Groups and Support organisations
St Helens Neighbourhood House: 6376 1134
Fingal Valley Neighbourhood House: 6374 2344
Medical Service Providers
Ochre Medical, St Helens: 6376 1777
St Marys Community Health Centre: 6387 555
St Helens District Hospital: 6387 5570
Education and Employment Service Providers
St Helens District High School: 6376 7177
St Marys District School: 6372 3900
Break O’Day Trade Training Centre: 1300 655 307
For information on Waste and Recycling Collection click here.
Road Works – State Government
You can find a full list of State Growth works here.